Many buildings and houses that were remodeled or constructed before 1978 have lead-based contamination. Paints that are lead-based contain hazardous poison. These might harm kids who may possibly eat paint flakes and to those people who might respire the dusts, which are lead-contaminated. If you are exposed to lead poisoning, you may experience symptoms like cognitive deficits, kidney failure, and anemia. If you’re in doubt that your home is contaminated, take the following steps in proper lead paint disposal.
In collecting waste lead, take out pets, elderly and small children from the workplace. Consider the help of professional company to sand and scuff your walls if you suspected that lead-based paints were used in your wall. Lead abatement companies have special apparatus, which manage paint disposal, and prevent lead dust all over the place.
If you are doing it by your own, wear respirator, cover furniture and hang the plastic sheets over entrances to a room where you will be doing the job. Strip off the paint on the walls and gather them in the enclosed container. Next step in lead paint disposal is to use HEPA-certified vacuum when cleaning the furniture and floors. Afterwards, put the dust into same container.
Mark the containers you used in collecting hazardous wastes. Label the trash bin with “Poisonous – Lead Contaminated” on few surfaces with the non-lead-based paint or contrasting marker. It is against the law make hazardous waste disposal without markings.
Make relevant research on all disposal facilities nearly in your place. Most cities already have government-approved waste amenities which permit people to do lead paint disposal. You can call the disposal service or a contractor to do pick up the hazardous waste for your behalf. Be conscious enough in your surroundings to avoid possible threat brought by lead paints.